For the many people who use the library each week, library services and program are indispensable.
Your public library is a lifeline in our community. The library has the resources available to improve the lives of parish residents; it connects this community to information, technology, and opportunities.
2020 will mark 65 years of the library providing quality programs and services to the parish.
SERVICES & PROGRAMS
- The newest & most popular books, audiobooks, e-books, DVDs, & magazine available for check-out!
- Programming for children, teens, & adults
- Technology at each library, including public computers and 24/7 Wi-Fi available at all branches
- Weekly programs and classes for children, teens, & adults, focusing on education, literacy, creative exploration, & recreation
- Online databases offering downloadable e-books, movies, & music, and access to language-learning materials, real-time online tutoring, Louisiana legal forms, and genealogy research
- Outreach service throughout rural parts of the parish
- Weekly story times
- Meeting room and study room for public use
- The St. Martin Parish Library is supported by this 10-year dedicated PROPERTY tax
- This parish-wide tax is NOT a new tax, nor is it an increase
- 50 % of funds from the 3.83 millage tax will be used for the operation, maintenance, and improvements to four branch locations (Breaux Bridge, Cecilia, St. Martinville and Parks).
- 50% of the current 3.83 millage tax will be rededicated to Public Buildings and Recreational Facilities, Programs for the Elderly of the Parish (authorized by State Statute), and/or operation of St. Martin Parish Criminal Court System mandated expenses.
- Homestead Exemption applies to this tax. NO PROPERTY TAXES are paid on the first $75,000 of the value of your home
Please remember to vote to continue the 3.83 millage tax.
EARLY VOTING: October 16-27, 2020
ELECTION DAY: Tuesday, November 3, 2020